Friday, May 9, 2008

Keeping WICE Alive

Wice has been a wonderful part of our lives in Paris. It is now threatened by lack of money as the Euro strengthens against the dollar and competition increases.

The French/English conversation groups have provided us with language experience, friendships and fun. At the end of the year, it will all be gone!

So, I've taken a little initiative. I wish I was in Paris, then I could really get into it. So far, I've located inexpensive rooms for rent in central Paris and a few people who are willing to help my cause. We'll see how it all plays out.

We're going to have to:
Communicate to everyone the new situation
Capture their names, phone numbers, email addresses
Locate the rooms and negotiate a deal
Determine the volunteers needed, how to collect money, etc

It's a big task, but it's worth it.

No comments: