Monday, November 10, 2008

Le Pont


Le Pont is "the bridge" which is used to mean that a holiday is extended on either side of a weekend to get the maximum number of days off. November 11 (Tuesday) is a holiday. It never occurred to me that this would create a "pont" of four days, stopping me from doing a lot of important things.

Saturday, I tried to go shopping for some kitchen items I needed and tickets to two expositions. Shut down by massive crowds, I went home, empty-handed and tired. I had no idea why it was so crowded at the time.

Sunday was Sunday, nothing open, I'm used to that.

Monday rolled around, all should be normal, I thought. But, as I walked to the gym, most things were closed. Hmmm, what is going on? Then, I remembered, Tuesday is a holiday so everyone is making it a four-day weekend. Aargh! I guess I'll survive one more day, especially since I was completely innocent of these four days until this morning.

No comments: