Thursday, December 15, 2011

Updating The Address Book

Sending and receiving Christmas cards is a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends and family. The mailman brings pictures, cards, letters every day now. He's almost like Santa.

The Christmas card process has taken on a new dimension this year.

I went and bought cards a week ago. That was the easy part. I made the list of people, OK. I started writing the envelopes. I always do the envelopes, put the stamps on and then get down to the business of writing notes. OK.

For years I've used Palm application on my computer. I have hundreds of names, addresses and phone numbers.

Since I've had an iPHONE, I've slipped up a little bit, now I use the phone to keep the phone numbers, addresses, door codes, etc. So, I have addresses in two places; two different lists. Additionally, I have many friends that I don't even have their address.

Embarrassingly, I've had to call and email quite a few people to get their correct address. Now, that I've finished writing out the cards, I can settle into the new job of editing both lists to make them complete. This job should be done to my satisfaction by the time next year's cards need to be addressed (I hope).

No comments: