Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thinking About The Retour


I found this used metro ticket in my coat pocket a few days ago. We don't use metro tickets except at the beginning and end or our trips. They tide us over when we aren't going to need to charge our Navigo cards for a month or even a week.

So, this is a sad reminder of our latest departure. It is now hanging on my computer monitor to remind me that I will be returning to Paris soon.

I still have a few more unused metro tickets in my wallet. The french wallet. We learned long ago that it's easier to have two wallets rather than take all the US stuff out and put all the french stuff in each time. Too many chances to forget something.

But, these metro tickets don't work very well. My iPHONE case has a magnetic closure and I think that it got too near the tickets and de-magnetized them. They are new, but when we tried to use them, they made that bad off-key dinging sound like you're committing a crime against the RATP. We just ignore it, just like the people do who get on the bus without any ticket.

No comments: