Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fete de la Musique



I think, after all these years, I've finally found my personal "rhythm" for the Fete de la Musique.

While I would want to think that I would enjoy going out at night and mixing with the young people in the street, this is just not fun for me. The last time we went out on the night of the Fete and stopped to listen to a street band, a group of drunk young men started to drop their pants while dancing. This is just not what I had in mind.

I prefer to sit and listen to some nice music in a pretty setting.

So, once again I chose the Luxembourg Gardens. There were two different venues for music and we spent a lot of time at both of them. On one side of the garden, groups performed traditional songs and dances of different regions. There were five or six regions represented and it was charming.

The other side of the garden hosted groups from Latin America, including Peru (maybe the guys in the Metro?), Bolivia, Paraguay, etc. Amazing music, the young and the old were dancing and enjoying the event.

No comments: