Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Where Do All These Leaves Go?

We know where they all come from -- the trees -- which will soon be bare for months and months.



The gardeners can't keep up with the falling leaves. They are everywhere. Luckily it's not raining or the ground would be a natural compost heap. Dogs love the smell, I can see them, walking, nose down, enjoying the smells of Autumn. Crunch, scrape, crackle, I walk through them every day, crushing them when they are dry enough. I think they are beautiful, but they have to go!



No, this is not a haystack, it's a leaf bin. This is actually a metal wire cage that the gardeners fill up with leaves. I think they burn them, but I'm not sure. This one is filled to the brim, so I know they have to do something with them. We'll smell it if they burn them, a lovely smell, not like burning wood but still fresh.



And, here's another load coming. They need heavy machines to keep up with the workload that nature leave us every year.


No comments: