Friday, October 14, 2011

Black Bra in the Suitcase

I have duplicates of many items of clothing -- one in the US and one in France. It makes sense. I never have to figure out where "it" is, and I always have "it" when I need "it".

One duplicate is my favorite black bra. I wear it all the time.

I recently noticed twin black bras, side-by-side in my drawer. This means that I didn't leave it. Maybe I wore it on the plane. In any case, it will have to go back with me.

In the interim, I've been wearing it.

I just took a short trip and threw one in the suitcase. It's not a suitcase that I use very often. When I returned, I put the suitcase away and forgot about it. Then, I went looking for the black bra. I only found one. The twin was missing. Where could it be? After a few days, I realized that it must be in the suitcase. Why do they make the lining in most suitcases black? I leave things in my suitcases all the time, I just don't see them when I'm unpacking, blind and half-dead after a long flight.

A quick search of the suitcase revealed black bra #2. Soon it will be returned to its home and hopefully it will stay there for awhile.

No comments: