Wednesday, December 31, 2014

See's Candies


We have an invitation to a New Year's Eve party tonight and didn't know what to bring to our hosts.   They are wine experts and have everything that they need and want. 

I thought and thought.

Finally the answer came:  a box of See's candies.  I haven't eaten a piece of See's in years!  Willpower is often overrated.  I hope they will appreciate this nostalgic offering.

I expected long lines at the store.  So,  I parked far away and walked.  When I opened the door, the store smelled incredible -- just like I remembered as a kid.  Sweet and a little cold (don't want the chocolates to melt...). 

I found what I was looking for and had a short wait in line.  I was tempted to buy more than what I'd planned but I resisted.  As I was paying, the cashier offered me a chocolate.  Considering that our hosts might not open/offer the box that I bought, I accepted.  Yum! I finished it on the way back to the car.  I'm sure that the walk didn't begin to burn the calories of the chocolate, but it was worth it.  Absolutely incredible.

I wish I had more occasions to buy See's candies.  Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments: