Monday, August 31, 2009

Watercolors




We were sitting on the beach in Cap Ferrat and made "beach friends" with the only other American within ear-shot. She was recently graduated from college and had the luck to work (as a "stagiere") in Cap Ferrat for two months. She was keeping a journal with small watercolors in a notebook.

I've always wanted to try watercolor, but since I'm barely learning to draw, it seemed like a big step. So, I bought a child's watercolor set, a small pad of paper and a brush. I've done a few things, nothing took long, but they are colorful.

Each time I try something, the watercolors seem to move by themselves, so they teach me something. Here are two from my small collection. More from Paris.


Scanning these was much harder than painting them, but I now know how to do it.

No comments: