Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Tech Girl" has fallen behind the times



I haven't thought much about my iPHONE or iPOD since I've been in Paris. They are there when I need them, I charge them, that's it.

I started out today with one simple thing -- I added a CD (french language lessons) onto my computer and wanted to put it on both the iPOD and the iPHONE.

Being sensible, I bring only one cord for all the Apple things, so I had to go on a big search to find the right cable for this activity. Found it, plugged it in, transferred the CD to the iPOD quickly and easily.

Now for the iPHONE. There is a more elaborate set up to do this on the iPHONE and there were some photos on the iPHONE that weren't on my computer. The computer knew it and insisted that I download them. Then, the computer figured out that the iPHONE needed a software update. OK, I did that. It took a long time.

Now, I still had to download the CD. I clicked on the music I wanted to add and it is now humming away, putting the music on my iPHONE.

While I was doing all this, I decided to look at the iTUNES music store. Big mistake. I did not know that I could download TV shows from the US into my iPHONE iPOD or computer. They don't cost very much, either. I decided I needed a little "cooling off" period before I start adding TV shows, so I'm blogging.

But, I'll be back to iTUNES very soon, I'm afraid.

While I realize that I am not very current on this part of the computer world, I should be grateful for my innocence. Now I will be watching US TV shows instead of reading a good book, studying french or visiting with other people.

No comments: