Sunday, December 30, 2007

Celebrating On New York Time - Happy New Year?

I've heard this twice in two days, so it much be a trend. I'm amazed at how many things like this pass me by when I'm in France. New books, fun girl things. I have to try harder to stay current!

People are having New Year's parties this year and celebrating the New Year on New York time. So, in California, that's 9 PM. In Houston, where my sister will celebrate, it's a little better at 11 PM. In Hawaii, they're still at the beach.

I'm torn. Is this good?

I personally don't/can't stay up until midnight. I didn't even stay up to see 2000 in. Usually I can hear enough noise in the street that I know it's midnight. So, tomorrow night, when I'm watching the news or reading my book, I'll hear all the celebrating at 9 and it will be completely quiet at midnight unless there's some other person out there who didn't hear about the newest trend.

No comments: