Monday, February 23, 2009

Falsely Accused



After thinking about this for awhile, I finally took the plunge and bought an iPHONE on Friday. I got it home and spent about an hour doing the basic set up. I downloaded a few applications, played with the GPS, the camera, and all the other great features.

Saturday morning, Terry told me that the new phone was beeping all night long. Ok, this is possible, maybe I left a beeper on for emails, something my old phone didn’t do. I turned off the beep for emails.

All is right with the world, the phone is my constant companion. Sunday night, I checked to make sure all the noise-making features were off and went to bed.

At 3 AM, Terry woke me up, telling me that it was beeping again. Oh no! I was embarrassed, so I turned the phone completely off and went back to sleep. He woke me up again – it’s still beeping. But, it’s off, it can’t be the phone. He even suggested putting it under the couch cushion until morning. From this comment, we can be assured that he doesn’t have an iPHONE. I refused for a variety of reasons.

The beeping continued. We both got up, turned on all the lights and tried to investigate. The beeping was intermittent and we couldn’t localize it before it stopped, only to beep again as soon as we closed our eyes. It went on all night.

I hid my iPHONE, just in case it was still being blamed. But, by this time, Terry had called an electrician. I worried, what if the electrician can’t find the problem? Will my iPHONE be banished to the couch cushion every night?

I shouldered on, keeping my fingers crossed. Finally, the electrician came and determined that it was a smoke detector.

The iPHONE is saved! I’m relieved, since I’m already very attached to it.

No comments: