Monday, October 3, 2016

Found Pumpkins, Early This Year

It was easy this year. 

Normally, I spend several weeks running around town trying to find a pumpkin or two to help celebrate the Fall.  In the past, I've found them in weird places like a little shop on Avenue du Maine and in normal places like the Marche aux Fleurs.  The marche doesn't have them until mid-to-late October.

Yesterday morning, I was at the outdoor market at the metro stop, Corentin Celton near the end of the Line 12.  It is a great little market and the travel is easy for me.  I had a list of things to get because we are having guests over this week.  As I rounded the corner with a bag already heavy from the stop at the poultry butcher, heading toward the produce stand that I prefer (there are about 7 or 8 at this market), lo, pumpkins.  At first I only saw the typical little orange ones but as I looked around, I saw these beautiful squash too.  I asked the man for these three.  He looked at me like I was nuts.   Why would this woman want three of these?  These are Fall decorations in our household, not food!

I am so happy that I found them so easily this year.  They will grace our apartment until after Thanksgiving and, maybe, if they're still fresh enough, they might become dinner.  

By the way, I had a very heavy load on the metro after this shopping excursion. 

No comments: