Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

Well, it finally happened.



After eight Halloweens in Paris, without a sign of a child in costume, we heard that familiar "whoosh" outside our door last night. Terry opened the door, but I wasn't prepared, I didn't buy any candy. The last thing we need is a bag of Halloween candy hanging around the house. Up the stairs, empty-handed, the two witches left us.

Then I realized a hidden treasure. I'd brought Hershey's kisses to Paris to show French people a treat that we have in the US. But the bag hasn't been very popular so it rested in the freezer for a "rainy day". Ha! I told Terry who re-opened the door and called out to our witches. They came, he gave them each a handful of treats and they thanked us and left, whoosh, just as they came. Terry said they had a couple of treats in their plastic jack-o-lanterns, not much of a haul.

So, next year I'll be prepared and the bag of candy will rest, in the freezer, with the Hershey's kisses for eight more years.

No comments: