Sunday, August 31, 2008

Grocery Shopping On Line

All the big stores in Paris now have the capability that allows customers to order groceries on-line. After ordering, you can have the groceries delivered or pick the order up.

You can also go to the store, do the shopping and leave the cart and your credit card number and someone will deliver the groceries later.

I've taken advantage of the delivery system several times. It doesn't work perfectly as they won't deliver big items. But, what's the point, I can carry the small stuff myself.

We are arriving in Paris on a Saturday. After an 11 hour flight a long cab ride and all the airport hassles, I will be really tired. Too tired to run out to the grocery store. But, the stores are closed on Sunday, so if I don't go on Saturday, we will be eating canned tuna for two days.

Yesterday I had a brain storm -- I went to the site "Coursengo" which is actually the on-line store for Leader Price and Franprix. The site was easy to get through and I put together a nice list of items that would tide us through the weekend. I was excited. (Notice the past tense usage here, it's not an error...)

I went to the checkout section and discovered that the latest delivery time frame that they offer on Saturday is noon to 2 PM. I was hoping for a nice 5 PM delivery, but it's not available on Saturday. So, I had to put the entire order into a "list", saving it for another day. And, I'll have to hit the grocery store on Saturday afternoon (the most crowded time of the week) in my jet-lagged state. At least I have my list done. I think I can print it and take it with me.

No comments: