Thursday, October 23, 2008

French Frustrations



Today, I waited for the #70 bus during the morning rush hour. Aren't there supposed to be more busses during rush hour vs. less? I waited for a mere 20 minutes, not knowing if the bus would ever show up, since the little electronic sign that tells when the next bus should arrive has been out of order for two weeks.

This particular bus stop is at a very busy intersection: Sevres Babylone.

You'd think someone would notice the 25 people huddled under the non-functioning sign...

This minor inconvenience didn't stop/nor ruin my day. In fact, another woman was even tardier than I was to our drawing class this morning, cursing a completely different traffic delay.

This takes me back to my photo above. The sign has been posted for a week on the door to our building. It says that the water to the building will be turned off between 8:30 AM and 1 PM today, October 23, 2008. No problem. We filled a couple extra bottles with water and went about our day.

I was surprised that at 1:30 PM when I got home from class, the water was on. Terry said it was never turned off. So, we figured that maybe it was turned off for such a short period of time that it wasn't even noticed.

Problem solved.

Oh yeah? (These last two sentences reflect my mind at work...)

At 2 PM, we went to wash the lunch dishes and only a trickle of water came out of the brand-new kitchen faucet. After investigating, we found out that there was a "delay" this morning with the plumber, and he had just turned the water off now, expecting it to be back on by 5:30 PM tonight, a mere 4-1/2 hours late.

I'm wondering if the plumber perhaps tried to take the #70 bus during rush hour and just arrived on the job at 2 PM.

No comments: