Saturday, November 21, 2009

More On Thanksgiving

I just realized a few days ago that my meal accessories are more suited to serving a french-style meal than an American meal.

I have enough plates, forks, and spoons for lots of little courses.

Thanksgiving is one big meal. All the dishes are served at once. OMG. I need a lot of serving bowls, right away.

This morning I calculated all the items on the menu and what sort of serving dish they'd need. Then I checked my inventory. Sorely lacking.

Off to the stores. It's never easy, but it's especially hard if I have to walk everywhere or take the metro or bus.

The first few stores I hit didn't seem right so I pressed on. It's Saturday and the buses don't run as often as during the week.

I've just gotten home with a bag of stuff. It's 3 PM and I've been out since about 10:30 AM. But, I think I have everything for Thanksgiving dinner except the fresh foods and the wine (that's going to be hard). I got a muffin tin (now silicon), hopefully it won't melt, several serving dishes and assorted other fun things.

So, the meal is organized. I wish I could say the same for the new stuff. I'm out of room in my kitchen to store these new additions. The cave is not that easy to store things in, but I won't need any of this until the next meal I prepare that has 7 or 8 items served simultaneously.

No comments: