Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Did I Do Before The iPHONE?



I used my iPHONE to take this picture. I also used it on a walk a few days ago to take some incredible pictures of Manhattan Beach.

But, the most important thing I use the iPHONE camera for is documenting everyday things. The photo above is an example.

This is the electronic control panel on my refrigerator. It's also my finger pointing out for future reference how to turn it on and off. I'll forget.

I had to turn off the refrigerator before we left in December. We have an electrical ghost in our house. For no reason, the entire electrical box pops off. It happens in the middle of the night, when we're not home and other odd times when there should not be a dramatic surge to cause this. We've replaced almost every suspect appliance. It could be in the wall, one of our wires could go out to the hallway, or anywhere else in the building. We could have some awful electrical problem or we could have a real ghost. The building is 200 years old so I'm sure there are a few ghosts floating around.

Malevolence aside, this is a minor problem except when we are gone for long periods of time. If we leave the refrigerator closed, with food in it, and the electricity goes off, it will not go back on again without someone flipping the switch. Barbara, the woman who watches our apartment for us, was planning to be gone for a month, so we couldn't take any chances -- we turned off the refrigerator, cleaned it thoroughly and put towels in the door to hold it open.

This all took place 3+ months ago, hence the importance of the photo. Even though it will take 24 hours to cool down, I will at least have some form of documentation about turning the refrigerator back on.

No comments: