Sunday, April 17, 2011

It Happens Like Clockwork

I just saw them lurking near my window box. The pigeons are back. I take pride in my window boxes, they are the only garden that I have here. I just finished re-doing them for Spring. It makes me happy to look out the window and see the flowers, see the bees busily working on my flowers.



But the pigeons are the "spoilers". They want to make a nest in my beautiful boxes. One year we were gone for a few days and came back to this!



The pigeon was very protective of her work, too. It took me several days to persuade her that this is my home, not hers. Today I heard little footsteps outside the window. When I looked out, not one but two pigeons were marching proudly around my window box, examining it from all angles. When I tried to shoo them away, they were defiant, they didn't move!

I'm going to have to get out the CD's again, an ugly way to keep the pigeons away but better than losing all my plants.

No comments: