Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Power Outage Fixes The TV

Only in France!

Ever since we changed to daylight savings time, almost two weeks ago, I noticed that the clock on our TV was still registering the old time. Plus we couldn't get all the other channels that we used to get.

This bothered me a little, but since we were getting the channels we always watched, it was better not to mess with France Telecom, the Livebox, the decoder. It's too frustrating and can take many days to get to the bottom of a problem.

I was in my french class this morning when there was a long power outage. When we had a break, I got a call from Terry, saying there was a rolling blackout caused by a strike at EDF. OK, the power was back on at school and at home.

I asked Terry to check the TV and he said it was still rebooting.

When I got home, the TV decoder was showing the right time. I turned it on and, to my surprise, all our TV service and all our channels had been restored.
It only took a power outage to fix our TV.

No comments: