Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is This Globalization?

My friend Susan and I were visiting the Jardin des Plantes recently. It was a lovely day, but a bit hot and sticky.

She pulled some hand cream out of her purse and used it, then offered it to me. I refused, my hands weren't dry. But, it's anti-bacterial, she said. Yeah! Anti-bacterial hand lotion that smells good. Where did you find this?

The US, of course. The anti-bac hand lotion had traveled from Boston to the Jardin des Plantes, there's nothing like it in France.

I just went to buy some today. It wasn't on the shelf in the store. So I asked. Evidently, this is such special stuff, it doesn't last on the shelf you have to ask for it.

So, my French tip for hand lotion has made a round trip, US-France-US again. I'm going to stock up.

No comments: