Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Detente is a relative thing in France

The relaxation area is designated
Hmmm, this doesn't look very relaxing to me
I guess I'll have to get over it


The Club Med Gym on rue de Rennes is probably considered nice by French standards.  It's certainly as expensive as the Spectrum in Manhattan Beach.  Besides the price the two places do not resemble each other.

After my workout, I always go to the "Salle de detente" for women which is located next to the locker room.  These are pictures of the space.  The sign says, Shhh! This is a place for relaxing.  But, the hard floor, the weird wooden bars on the wall and the equipment on the floor make me think this is just another spot to work out.  

But, I resist.  I grab a blue plastic mat, put my towel over it since I'm sure it hasn't ever been cleaned and do my stretches.  No one else is ever in this room.  So, I guess in that way it's relaxing.

No comments: