Friday, December 12, 2008

Barak Obama, Girl

It is freezing outside today, truly, around 0. After my workout, I took a shower and while I was drying my hair, my hair dryer quit working. It's happened before and has started to happen more and more frequently. Today, it would not re-start.

I had to be at WICE in an hour! The trip takes 35-45 minutes, depending. (On what, you ask -- well, it's any and all the french things that happen like traffic jams, suicides on the metro, strikes, etc).

So, I put my hair in a pony tail, kissed Terry goodbye, grabbed my Carte Bleue and off I went in search of a Monoprix on the way to WICE. I knew I'd seen one, so I just kept my eyes open and when I saw it, I got off the bus and went in.

Unfortunately, this Monoprix, 76 rue Lecourbe in the 15th is supersized, as big as Cost Co in the US. I had about 5 minutes to spare.

I ran in, found a woman who worked there and asked (not knowing the actual term in french for hair dryer) "where are the machines that you use to dry the hair?" The woman looked up, said hello and asked where I was from. I said the US. So, she said to me, "Barak Obama, girl!", which I guessed was a compliment. She gave me very detailed instructions to the hair dryer aisle, I found a nice one and got to WICE on time.

No comments: