Saturday, December 6, 2008

Parking In Paris



When I learned to drive, my sister and I would laugh hysterically when I was trying to park the car, an old manual transmission car with no emergency brake. We called my attempts, "parking by sound". This means that when you tap the bumper of the car in front or in back of you, it is time to change direction. You gently tap, front and back until you finally get the car into the space. Hopefully, no one came along while this activity was going on.

My early parking attempts would fit right in here in Paris. No one would bat an eye if I used my parking method. In fact, people prepare for it, as I found out today when I spotted this little beauty outside our building. Since it doesn't really have bumpers and it is quite small, I think this is a great solution. I wish I'd thought of it sooner!

No comments: