Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tennis, Anyone?



This is one of the tennis courts at the Luxembourg Gardens. Terry shot this a couple of days ago. We had a light dusting of snow in the morning, but it's so cold that it isn't melting. Of course, we can play indoors.

For this California girl, the cold is overwhelming. Despite layers of clothes, none of them at all chic, I am still freezing when I walk around town. I can't find the perfect solution -- even layers don't quite do it and a long, down coat is highly overrated.

I hear there's more snow on the way tomorrow or the next day. It is beautiful and I love to watch it fall, while I'm inside, sipping my Nespresso.

Right now, the days are short, it's not completely light until 9 AM then it starts getting dark at 4:30 to 5 PM. Dark and cold. Not a lot of time to do all the things I want to do.

In June, it will be just the opposite, light so long that I'm always tired, thinking I can jam in one more activity before nighttime. And, I can if it doesn't get dark until 10 PM.

No comments: