Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Somewhere Over The Atlantic

I caught a cold.

I've been so careful to avoid sick people, wash my hands, take vitamins. But, one day on a plane (with 400 other people, probably 10% of them with colds) will do it. I survived much of the winter in close quarters with people sneezing, coughing, wheezing. And I didn't get sick.

But the change is too much. We left Paris and it was snowing and below zero. Today in LA, it's 80 and sunny.

So, I made the trip to Whole Foods to stock up on all the remedies. Unfortunately, they were out of my go-to vitamins, Wellness Formula, so I bought the Whole Foods brand equivalent. I also bought some other homeopathic thing that tastes pretty good.

This is the last thing I wanted! I didn't even have kleenex in the house. Now, I have a box strategically placed in every room.

I've had to cancel two social plans this week. I think it's only fair to tell someone before you show up and infect them. But, it's really disappointing because I want to see everyone that I haven't seen for months.

My nose is red, too.

No comments: