Saturday, December 5, 2009

Adjectives

It seems so simple, the use of adjectives.

In French, I can certainly read, write and understand adjectives. They actually slow the sentence down enough that I can grasp the basic meaning of things better. The more adjectives the better.

For me, the hard part is using adjectives while speaking. I can, of course, say that the weather is nice or the water is cold.

Adjectives get more complex than that. I've been using adjectives as much as possible. My favorites might give some indication about my life in France. The words shy, trite, guilty and rude come to mind. The "nice" adjectives are the ones they teach during the first few French lessons; beautiful, warm, interesting. Boring, aren't they?

I'll be working on adjectives for awhile, so bear with me.

No comments: